Build with SCORM Cloud + Tin Can API
SCORM Cloud + Tin Can API is a hosted Learning Record Store. SCORM Cloud is where the learning industry goes to test content conformance, and we’ve baked in that same world-class conformance into SCORM Cloud + Tin Can API.
SCORM Cloud is something a little less than an LMS. You can deliver and track learning and training with SCORM Cloud, and with the addition of the Tin Can API, SCORM Cloud + Tin Can API now accepts Tin Can Statements.
What can you do with SCORM Cloud + Tin Can API now?
- Deliver Tin Can statements to your own personal SCORM Cloud endpoint in your account
- Use SCORM Cloud + Tin Can API to debug your activities/content
- Use SCORM Cloud as a Tin Can sandbox. Statements stored in a Cloud sandbox can be deleted, normal Tin Can statements are permanent.
- Start experimenting quickly with the Tin Can Bookmarklet and our Statement Generator. Both will send statements to a SCORM Cloud account if configured properly.
- You can also experiment with our prototypes, and configure our sample content to send statements to a SCORM Cloud account.
Because the implementation is currently in beta, it should not be used to store important or sensitive information.
Configuration & Security
- LRS data is segregated and protected by using existing SCORM Cloud AppIds. Get your AppID and Secret Key from the SCORM Cloud Apps section. Also, see a screencast of how to find the info you need in SCORM Cloud.
- The endpoint for your virtual private LRS is: https://cloud.scorm.com/ScormEngineInterface/TCAPI/YourApplicationID/
- The sandbox endpoint for your LRS is: https://cloud.scorm.com/ScormEngineInterface/TCAPI/YourApplicationID/sandbox
- Basic HTTP authentication is required. The username is your SCORM Cloud Application ID, and the password is a corresponding Secret Key. Both can be found in your SCORM Cloud Apps section.
- If you want to use a fresh set of data within your sandbox, visit the Tin Can Statement Viewer in SCORM Cloud, choose your Application sandbox from the dropdown menu, and click the “Clear Sandbox” button.
- Note that the SCORM Cloud website now accepts Tin Can “packages”. These can be created by zipping up one of the client prototypes (that contain a tincan.xml file), and can then be imported and launched directly in SCORM Cloud.
- If you run into any issues, please report them to us. If you have other feedback or questions, send them along to as well. We absolutely value your suggestions, your interest, and your bug reports!
- Download the prototype activity examples, then configure them to work with your SCORM Cloud account.
Let us help you get started. SCORM Cloud + Tin Can API = Learning Record Store in your LMS
We’re on the verge of being able to let you use the LRS in SCORM Cloud to bring a hosted Learning Record Store to your LMS. If you’d like us to fast-track this, let us know. This is an easy way for you to get an LRS tied to your LMS, without the hassle of building your own LRS or keeping up with hardware and maintenance.